RIP Mark

As any of you regular readers know, I’ve posted several times to explain my absence commenting on the fact that I have been dealing with a close relative’s alcohol addiction in real life. That person was actually my husband Mark; he’s been an alcoholic for years but recently his addiction spiralled out of control as he hit ‘end-stage’ and we’ve had eight months of total hell. We’ve been on an alcohol fuelled rollercoaster for the whole of that time with 4 rehab stints/detoxes leading to brief sober spells before the drinking and a whole load of alcohol fuelled insanity kicked in again. We tried all we could to help him but his addiction got so out of control that nothing could get through to him- to the point it claimed his life. I went to see RHCP at Knebworth taking the chance to have a much needed break thinking he was safe in hospital (he’d been taken in earlier that week)  however, I returned to find he had discharged himself to resume drinking; it turned out to be one drink too many.

Mark was instrumental in setting up both this website and TheChiliSource.com – doing a lot of the IT set up for me, bankrolling the sites and also my addiction with the band including me seeing them 8 times on the I’m With You tour and for that I am so grateful; he gave me the chance to do what I really loved.

Thank you Mark for everything as none of my websites would have been possible without you.

I guess I need to ‘hi-jack’ this video- seems so apt that it just came out- and for now, it’s going to be dedicated to Mark.

Hopefully, complications over the funeral aside, the worst is behind us all. I know this might look very strange, (it’s been a surreal few months and nothing is normal in my life right now), but I went ahead with my original plans at the very last minute and went to France this weekend to see the band. My photos of AK have just been posted in the Gallery/2012 section (I will do a proper intro to them on here tomorrow as it’s now very late here in England)- I need to have something to focus on so hopefully I will be able to get back to updating and working on my websites properly.

Thank you all for your continued support over this hard hard and especially to my Facebook friends who have been so supportive during this difficult time.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to RIP Mark

1. M216 says:

I am so sorry for your loss.

2. Danni C says:

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for the hard work on these sites. The fans appreciate it.

3. Ana says:

My condolences.

Thanks to you and your husband for this site. It’s beautiful.

RIP Mark

4. Sandra says:

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.
    RIP Mark.

5. Jane says:

I am sorry for your loss. Addiction is such a waste of God’s divine gift in each of us. I know first hand because I myself am a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. I was almost a statistic. I am so thankful that God gave me the gift of sobriety. When I hear these stories, i initially feel guilty that I survived and they didn’t. And then I remember how we all make choices. It still leaves me profoundly amazed and grateful that any of us addicts make it through. All I can say is God bless you for not giving up on him. Thanks to all families that don’t and ultimately thanks goes out to God for giving you the grace to go through. With Him, we all wouldpeless. Families and addicts. You are in my prayers. Jane

6. Aline says:

I am sorry for your loss. Thank you and your husband for this amazing website.

RIP Mark

7. Matheus says:

My condolences, I lost my father at addiction and know it’s hard to lose someone we love. May God comfort your heart in this difficult time.

8. VG says:

I am sorry for your loss!

9. admin says:

Thank you everyone for your support and messages- they’ve meant so much.

The last few weeks have been a total blur and so hard (there was a post mortem which was then re-opened with more tests done following a hospital report- in the end came back with the same cause of death and just served to delay everything by another 10 days), there was then an inquest… and so on it went and we finally got to hold the funeral just under a month from Mark’s death (two weeks ago). The funeral arrangements and paperwork from Mark’s death have taken up so much time plus I’ve been concentrating on my children and trying to get them through this as painlessly as I can; hopefully things are calming down a little now and I can start posting again as I used to. <3

10. dado says:

my condolences

11. Laura says:

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family x