LAST ACTION HEROES
ON THE EVE OF THERED HOT CHILI PEPPERS’ BIGGEST EVER UK SHOWS, Q SNEAKS BEHIND THE SCENES OF THEIR RECENT US TOUR, UNCOVERING A WORLD OF SURF, SNORKELS AND SPIDERMAN.
- Solo Misssion: guitarist John Frusciante grabs the spotlight.
- “Walking, schmalking!” Flea fires up his Segway human transporter for the trip to the stage.
- Web heads: Red Hot Chili Peppers (from left) Flea, Anthony Kiedis and John Frusciante relax at Universal Theme Park, June 2003.
- Only extreme measures can curtail a Flea bass solo.
- “So… shall we do a runner?” Dining out, Chili Peppers-style.
- Wash and go: Flea takes a post-surfing shower.
- Deep sea skiver: Kiedis enjoys some down time.
- When static electricity struck, it came looking for John Frusciante.
- Flea’s dolphin impression needed work.
- “You may feel a slight prick.” Kiedis loads up on energy-enhancing ozone backstage.